This Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup is so creamy and full of flavor that your lips will be smacking by the end of the bowl!
When all my kids are at home with us, and we all need to be fed, the best and easiest way to accomplish this to make a big pot of soup! Now that our family keeps growing with new additions, we are up to 18 mouths to feed! That’s crazy and we love it! All my kids love to cook and it’s so fun when we all do it together. The other day, we tried this new soup, the easy-loaded baked potato soup. When I say easy, I mean easy!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound hash brown potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 7 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large pot, melt butter over a medium heat. Cook the onion and carrots for at least 5 minutes. Add the garlic in the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the veggies and stir until they are all covered. Whisk in the chicken stock and turn up the heat to a medium high heat. bring to a boil, and keep stirring until the soup thickens.
- Turn the stove heat to medium low. Add in the frozen hash browns, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and let simmer until the carrots are completely tender and the potatoes become soft.
- Stir in the milk, sour cream, chives, and bacon. Cook for another 5 minutes until the soup is hot. Garnish with cheese!