Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup is so creamy and full of flavor that your lips will be smacking by the end of the bowl!
When all my kids are at home with us, and we all need to be fed, the best and easiest way to accomplish this to make a big pot of soup! Now that our family keeps growing with new additions, we are up to 18 mouths to feed! That’s crazy and we love it! All my kids love to cook and it’s so fun when we all do it together. The other day, we tried this new soup, the easy-loaded baked potato soup. When I say easy, I mean easy!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound hash brown potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 7 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large pot, melt butter over a medium heat. Cook the onion and carrots for at least 5 minutes. Add the garlic in the last 1 minute of cooking.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top of the veggies and stir until they are all covered. Whisk in the chicken stock and turn up the heat to a medium high heat. bring to a boil, and keep stirring until the soup thickens.
- Turn the stove heat to medium low. Add in the frozen hash browns, salt and pepper. Cover the pot and let simmer until the carrots are completely tender and the potatoes become soft.
- Stir in the milk, sour cream, chives, and bacon. Cook for another 5 minutes until the soup is hot. Garnish with cheese!
11 thoughts on “Easy Loaded Baked Potato Soup”
Ooh, this looks yummy! I’ll definitely have to try it some time. 🙂 Thank you for sharing!
I love any sort of potato soup. However, now that I eat low carb I rarely indulge. But, it sure looks absolutely relish!
This soup! Creamy and delicious is what I need from a winter warming soup!
Lianne @ http://www.makesbakesanddecor.com
My mom was commenting how she liked potato soup and wanted be to make it. I know that she will love this recipe! Thanks for sharing.
This looks beyond amazing! It is raining all week here…. perfect meal for this weather!
You had me with the bacon and “easy” just closed the deal. This soup is perfect for these cold January days. Thanks for sharing at the #ThisIsHowWeRoll Link Party.
This soup looks fantastic. I like the idea of a loaded baked potato all in one pot! Thank you for sharing at Pinworthy Projects Link Party.
We will love your Baked Potato Soup, yummy! Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Looks yummy. We have been making lots of soups. Adding this to my recipes to try. Pinned thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Spotlight party.
OOhh this looks good! I never had this with hash brown potato before so I’m pinning this and making it this weekend. #FuntasticFriday
18 mouths to feed – wow, that sounds challenging, but lovely!! Your Loaded Baked Potato Soup looks delicious. Scheduled to pin later today. Thank you for sharing with Hearth and Soul. Hope to ‘see’ you again this week!