Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Recipe
Biscuits and sausage gravy recipe, for those mornings (or anytime), when you just want classic comfort food to warm you up and remind you of home!
If you’re looking for a comforting and easy Biscuits & Sausage Gravy Breakfast Recipe, look no further! I’m wishing I wasn’t on my diet right now so I could make some more of these and gobble them up right now…Oh well, maybe another day…
Growing up it was a well-known-fact that Momma Kim’s favorite food was anything with gravy. That included biscuits and gravy and chicken-fried steak… oh, she also loves Alfredo pasta, but that’s another story…
My dad would always whip these up for her on Saturday mornings because he is the breakfast KING and he’s always so nice to cook for everyone when he’s home…I sure like that guy.
He stood over me while I made these over Christmas break, and he gave them the stamp of approval! I just had to share because they really are SO easy to make.
Start with our Light and Fluffy Drop Biscuit recipe first.
It’s tried and true and never lets me down!
Next, brown up some sausage in a pan until it’s good and crispy. Add in some flour and then whisk in some milk. Season with salt and pepper and you’re golden!! It really is that easy, but if you want specifics, here’s the measured and precise recipe!
- 1 pound of sausage
- 3 T of flour
- 3 cups of milk (I like whole for this, but anything works)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown sausage up in a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle flour on top of cooked sausage, stir it in while the heat is still on.
- Pour in milk while whisking, to prevent lumps.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste!
- Pour over hot biscuits and enjoy!
Pin this for later!!