Matt has been making dinner lately and he decided that these Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps were perfect for dinner!
We are all about easy and quick dinners lately and this was the perfect fit for us! I feel like we’ve been eating a lot of Mexican food lately and this was good for us to mix it up! Give these a try and see what you think!
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced pickled ginger
- 1 can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Rinse the whole lettuce leaves and pat them dry. Try not to tear them and then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef and cooking oil in the hot skillet until the beef is browned and crumbly. Drain and discard the grease.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked beef; cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt about 2 minutes.
- Pile the meat mixture into the middle of the leaves and eat up!