Bacon Alfredo Bake
Bacon Alfredo Bake! Easy Sunday Dinner, Bacon Alfredo Bake! The day of rest should be exactly that, try this recipe and then enjoy the rest of your day!
Dinner at our house has gotten progressively more and more inventive. In order to be inventive, it usually requires extra work. Sometimes I want something that is simple and delicious. Comfort food if you will.
The only thing is I can not stand store-bought Alfredo, it’s just not good. On this day I was not feeling making the Alfredo. This was still good, but if you want it to be great make your own Alfredo sauce.
- 4 cups bow tie pasta
- 1 (8 oz) bag of frozen peas
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups deli rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 jars (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta as directed on the package, add the frozen peas during the last 3 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Using the leftover bacon grease cook the onion and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- In a large bowl mix together the pasta, peas, onion/garlic mixture, chicken, Alfredo sauce, and half the cheese. Sprinkle on the bacon and remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.