Oreo Mousse Cheesecake
Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies!? These were delicious and fun! Give Oreo Mousse Cheesecake a try!
I love to bake! It has become a thing that we make treats every Sunday we teach mutual. These were fun and not too hard!
I was super nervous to make mousse for the first time but it worked famously! Loved these!
Oreo Mousse Cheesecake
- 24 whole Oreos-crushed into fine crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter- melted
- 16 oz. cream cheese- softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate mousse
- 3 egg yolks
- 7 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz. Guittard milk chocolate chips -finely chopped
- 6 Oreos crushed
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- 9 Double stuff Oreos cut in half
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees, line cupcake pans with 18 liners, set aside.
Stir together melted butter and finely crushed Oreo. Press 1 tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each liner. You should have enough for 16-18 cups. Bake for 5 minutes and allow to slightly cool.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese on medium speed until completely smooth. Add the sugar and sour cream and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating at low speed after each addition. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Add in the vanilla extract and flour. Using a spoon put the cheesecake batter onto the crusts to make the cups almost full. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow to cool at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill completely.
To make the chocolate mousse:
- In a medium saucepan whisk together egg yolks, powdered sugar, and 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, cook over low heat until it’s start thickening and almost double in size whisking constantly. This takes some time so be patient.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped milk chocolate until it’s melted completely. Let it cool to room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Separately beat the remaining 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Whisk one-fourth of mixed cream into chocolate custard to lighten. Fold in the remaining cream gently but thoroughly.
- Stir in crushed Oreos.
- If the mousse is too thick for piping, stir in a teaspoon of milk.
- Garnish with Double Stuffed Oreos cut in half.
- Store in the fridge and serve cold.
4 thoughts on “Oreo Mousse Cheesecake”
My family LOVES Oreos, so I like to find recipes like this to make birthdays and other special occasions fun. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays!
Oh , yes!
Who doesn’t love Oreos? Communists….that’s who.
These look mouth-watering. I would dive into them! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Potluck. Please come again soon.
These look SO yummy!