No Bake Chocolate Cookie
No Bake Chocolate Cookie! These no bake cookies are quick-to-make and delicious snacks! They’re crunchy, chewy, and chocolaty! What more could you ask for in a cookie?!
A couple of nights ago my hubby had a mad craving for cookies…this never happens. It was late, so he wanted to make something quickly that we could enjoy during our weekly at-home movie night.
These no-bake cookies were a combination of all the deliciousness we had in our cupboards at the time and they turned out fabulous!
If you don’t love coconut, just leave it out and substitute more cereal or oats. It’s totally up to you! I love customizing recipes like this because it won’t mess up the recipe!
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of chocolate rice cereal
- 1 cup of shredded coconut, plus some to sprinkle on top
- Combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a low boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour over oats, chocolate rice cereal and coconut and mix until combined.
- Form golf ball sized cookies and let them cool on wax paper or a silicone non-stick sheet until firm (about 15 minutes).
- Substitute coconut for more oats, if you're not a coconut fan.
Save this recipe for later! Pin it!