Loaded Potato Casserole
Make this Loaded Potato Casserole whenever your family is in need of some comfort food!
Loaded Bacon Cheddar and Chive Baked Potato Casserole! When we were at my parent’s house for Ivie’s birthday we all had Sunday dinner together. Most of my family does this EVERY Sunday, but since we’re about 3 hours away, we only get to do it every once in a while.
It’s a great excuse to cook a large meal though, and this Loaded Bacon, Cheddar & Chive Baked Potato Casserole is definitely a meal for the whole family to share!
We started by dicing our potatoes and boiling them until they were soft. Then we whipped the potatoes with a little bacon fat, sour cream, cream cheese, chives, butter, and garlic…I know…It’s enough to make you drool…
We threw the whole dish into the oven topped with a massive amount of cheddar and bacon and garnished it with fresh chives when it was bubbly and hot.
You’re definitely not going to regret making this Loaded Bacon, Cheddar & Chive Baked Potato Casserole! Do it tonight!
- 12 medium-sized potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 2 t. salt
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- Boil diced potatoes in water until soft, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook diced bacon in a frying pan.
- Chop chives,
- Strain potatoes and add them into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, sour cream, salt, garlic powder and bacon drippings to cooked potatoes and whip with a hand mixer.
- Pour into a baking dish, smooth out and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Top potatoes with bacon bits and chives and serve warm.