Fresh Corn Dip
Fresh Corn Dip! I love this time of the season! Fresh veggies are everywhere and nothing tastes better than fresh! It’s almost football season and it’s time to let the tailgating parties begin! When you put the two together, you will understand why you need to try this fresh corn dip!
When I was putting this little gem together, I was pretty sure that it was going to be pretty tasty but it was even better than I could imagine! It is full of fresh vegetables and makes the perfect dip or even dinner.
- 5 ears corn
- cooking spray
- 1 whole red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the corn cobs with cooking spray, and sprinkle with a little salt, and place on the grill for about 10 minutes, turning constantly. Remove corn from the heat to cool. Cut the kernels off the cobs once they're cool enough.
- In a skillet over a medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion, garlic, and peppers. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until the veggies are soft. Remove the skillet from the heat to let the veggies cool a little.
- Using a whisk, combine the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream and 2/3 of the cheese. Add the veggie mixture, and the corn. Combine well.
- Spread the mixture in a 9 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle with chili powder and the rest of the cheese. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm with chips!