Proud mom moment! We actually use this recipe all the time.
It’s just enough for our family of 6, everyone gets a bar, plus a few more for dad! It’s a thin lemon bar with a lot of punch and the homemade simple crust is almost good enough to stand on its own.
Lemon Bars– By Max (makes 9 bars)
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top after it’s been baked.
- 1/1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T lemon rind, grated finely, plus a sprinkle for the top.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, and powdered sugar. Mix in 1 cup of the flour. Spread into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and bake for 17-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour over hot crust and bake for an additional 19-22 minutes. Test center to make sure it is set.
- Remove from oven and dust with remaining powdered sugar and zest.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe may be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 pan.