Easy Lemon Bar Recipe!
Proud mom moment! We actually use this recipe all the time.
It’s just enough for our family of 6, everyone gets a bar, plus a few more for dad! It’s a thin lemon bar with a lot of punch and the homemade simple crust is almost good enough to stand on its own.
Easy Lemon Bar Recipe
Lemon Bars– By Max (makes 9 bars)
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top after it’s been baked.
- 1/1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T lemon rind, grated finely, plus a sprinkle for the top.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, and powdered sugar. Mix in 1 cup of the flour. Spread into an 8 x 8-inch baking dish and bake for 17-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon rind in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour over hot crust and bake for an additional 19-22 minutes. Test center to make sure it is set.
- Remove from oven and dust with remaining powdered sugar and zest.
- Cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe may be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 pan.
5 thoughts on “Easy Lemon Bar Recipe”
Yummmm! You tell Max I LOVE his styling — can there really EVER be too much powdered sugar?? I think not!
Lemon Bars are a favorite dessert in this house! They look so yummy! 🙂
Oh my. These sound yummy and refreshing for summer. Thanks for linking up to Tips and Tricks.
Oh my goodness, well done Max! These lemon bars look amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.