My kids are out of school this Friday and I’m pretty excited to start the fun activities! We do a lot of camping but we do tons of family dinners in the mountains. I love to find hacks that makes life easier and make our experiences more pleasant!
- Handkerchief: This can be used for so many things from a sweat guard, sun shield, napkin, headband, wash cloth and the list goes on!
- Fast Breakfast: Before you leave home, crack your eggs and add seasoning into a wide mouthed water bottle or a plastic jar before placing them into the cooler. At camp, shake them up for scrambled eggs. Now you don’t have to worry about breaking your eggs and making room for the egg carton!
- Doritos: If you can’t find in kindling to start your fire, break out the chips! They work!
- Sage: Make a couple of bundles of sage so you can burn them in your campfire. It will keep away the bugs!
- Shoe Rack: Tie a plastic shoe rack to a tree in your campsite! It can hold everything you need!
- Activity Kit: We have made a activities kit for years! It will entertain the kids as well as the adults.
- Pocket Shower: I just saw this online and I think it has to be a “must” item!
- Tin Can Grill: You won’t have to bring your big grill to cook on and you can throw it away later.
- Foam Floor Tiles: Do you have a hard time sleeping in your tent because the ground is bumpy? Put down some cheap and easy tiles for the ultimate comfort!
- Glow Sticks: Add glow sticks to bottles to use for mood lighting and light the paths to tents and bathrooms.