Being a mom, one of the hardest things is finding new recipes that your family will love and easy for you to make. I just think I know what my girls will love to eat and they will tell me that they are NOT going to eat what I just cooked! At our house, my family’s tastes keep changing, so I’m always on a quest to find the new, best thing in food.
This recipe looks so impressive but is so easy to put together! I know it’s a complete hit when my daughter comes home from school and asks if there are leftovers? This adult and kid approved and it will become one of your family’s favorites!
1 pound pasta- your favorite kind
1 pound ground beef
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 large eggs
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus 3 Tablespoons
2 Tablespoons parsley
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, plus 1 cup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease generously a 9-inch springform pan, or a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook 3 to 4 minutes less than the package instructions. so the pasta is very al dente. Drain and reserve a small amount of the pasta water.
- In a skillet, brown the beef on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Place the beef onto a plate covered with paper towels. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat and saute onions and garlic, about 4 to 5 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, marinara, ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parsley, salt, pepper, and two Tablespoons reserved pasta water. Add the cooked pasta, beef, onion, and garlic. Toss to evenly coat. Pour into the prepared pan. Top with the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. Let sit for about 5 minutes, and then remove from the pan. Serve and enjoy!!!