With St. Patrick’s Day coming up I thought it would be fun to make a meal that is festive! When I was pregnant with Max, almost 10 years ago, I was visiting my aunt Kim and her church was having a St. Patrick’s Day party. We ate corned beef and cabbage and Reuben sandwiches, all of which I had never tasted before. I thought they were pretty tasty and since then we’ve made some type of corned beef every St. Patrick’s Day.
These sandwiches are easy to make but they feel like deluxe deli sandwiches.
Start with a corned beef roast. Place the entire roast, with the juices and spice packet, cover with water and turn the crock pot on high. Let it cook for 4-6 hours or until fork-tender.
Find a good loaf of Pumpernickel or Rye bread and slice it up.
Top your sandwich with the Corned Beef, Thousand Island Dressing, Creamy Horseradish, Sauerkraut, and Swiss Cheese.
Crock Pot Reuben Sandwiches
- 1 corned beef roast
- Sauerkraut (found mine by the hot dogs in the deli section)
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Creamy Horseradish
- Swiss Cheese
- Rye Bread
- Place Corned Beef in Crock Pot with spice packet and cover with water. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or until fork tender.
- Slice Corned Beef.
- Slice Rye Bread and Spread Thousand Island on one side and Creamy Horseradish on the other.
- Top with Sauerkraut.
- Place Sliced Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese in the microwave until cheese is melted.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!
- Pickles are great on the side.