These cupcakes are amazing. We had them for our Valentine’s dinner for young women’s camp fundraiser. These were definitely a hit! If you want something a little different and yet surprisingly delicious.
1 cup baking cocoa
1 cup boiling water
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 containers whole-milk ricotta cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 boxes (6 serving size) chocolate instant pudding
2 cups milk
3 cups cool whip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake tins with the liners.
2. In a pot bring water, cocoa and butter to a bowl. Then set aside.
3. Sift together dry ingredients for the chocolate cake. Then add remaining ingredients including cocoa mixture.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the ingredients for the ricotta layer. Whisk until well blended.
5. Fill each cupcake liner about a third full with cake batter. Divide the ricotta mixture evenly among the cupcakes.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
7. When the cupcakes are completely cooled, mix together the ingredients for the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the pudding mix and milk with stand mixer until well combined. Allow to set up. Fold in whipped cream. Pipe the frosting on top of cupcakes.