Sloppy Joe Mac and Cheese
For the Sauce
3/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the Rest
2 cups dry pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup diced onion
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 pound ground beef
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package.
3. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up the vegetable oil. Add the onion, pepper, and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and softened.
4. Add the ground beef to the skillet and break it up. Cook the ground beef until it is thoroughly cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Add the same to the skilled. Then add the cooked and drained pasta, and then add the cheese on top.
6. Turn the heat to medium-low, and toss the mixture until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are evenly coated and distributed.