I used to not like Mexican food but now I have found a few things I actually like. I love Enchiladas!! They are delicious and easy to make! This sauce is a little more mild which I like, spicy stuff is just not that appetizing to me. Surprisingly Matt agrees with me on this! Add this to your enchiladas and you won’t be disappointed.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 cup chicken stock
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, minced
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Add oil and flour to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Whisk together to combine whisk in remaining ingredients.
3. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
4. Taste and adjust spices to you liking.
5. Store remaining enchilada sauce into an air tight container.