Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Taquitos
Be sure to warm up the tortillas with a damp paper towel and then quickly roll them up all at once, they crack easily and quickly. Once they go into the oven they are okay. I love taquitos, they have always been my go-to Mexican food!
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup salsa (pace Picante mild)
1/2 cup water
10 corn tortillas
1 cup cheese
1. Place thawed chicken in the crockpot and sprinkle the chili powder on top. Then dump the salsa on top and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
2. Once cooked, pull the chicken from the crockpot and shred with two forks, and add the salsa and chicken to a metal strainer and get all the liquid out of the chicken.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
4. Wrap the tortillas in a moist paper towel and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Spread about two tablespoons of chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla and sprinkle about a tablespoon of cheese on top of the chicken. Then roll up each tortilla and secure with toothpicks.
5. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray, and place taquitos on it, give the taquitos a spray of non-stick spray.
6. Put the taquitos in the oven and cook for 12 minutes until they are golden brown. You can flip them halfway through.
7. Remove the toothpicks and serve with salsa and sour cream.