I have been cleaning my house like a CRAZY person lately. I have this insatiable desire to have everything in perfect order, all at the same time. It’s pretty much impossible since I have 4 kids and I want them to play and enjoy their childhood; which usually means they’re making a mess…let’s be honest. I can control a few things though, like the microwave!
I have been cleaning my microwave this way for as long as I can remember. It smells yummy, and gets all the gunk out of your microwave with very little effort. This really is the BEST way to do it, in my opinion.
Here’s what you do.
- Slice up a lemon.
- Put it in a microwave safe bowl.
- Fill the bowl with warm water.
- Microwave the bowl with the lemon and water for 9-10 minutes.
- You should be able to see steam coming down the door of your microwave and the ceiling.
- Wipe down with a clean dry hand towel.
- Sparkly clean and smells fresh!