It’s Christmas time, which means it’s time to make a TON of candy to deliver to the neighbors. I voted for peppermint patties, but my hubby won this time and got to make his FAVORITE treat.
Coconut mounds! He absolutely loves these and says they taste just like the Mounds you buy at the store.
These are so simple to make because they’re no-bake! And they’re pretty much no-fail!
Coconut Mounds (makes 25 chocolates)
For the filling…
- 2 cups of shredded coconut
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of coconut creamer
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- dash of salt
For the chocolate shell…
- 1 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 T. of coconut oil
- Using a microwave-safe bowl. Mix together the shredded coconut, coconut oil, and coconut creamer.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, or until the coconut oil is melted.
- Stir all the ingredients so that the coconut shreds are covered in coconut oil.
- Add powdered sugar and salt.
- Using a tablespoon, pack coconut shreds into a tablespoon and put on a baking sheet with a silicone mat or wax paper.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe dish in 30-second increments, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted.
- Dip frozen coconut filling into chocolate using a fork. Tap off excess chocolate. Place back on fresh wax paper.
- Place back in the freezer for 5 minutes to help the chocolate set quicker.