Banana Bread Muffins
We usually love bananas and go through them really quickly, but lately, we’ve had a lot of bananas turn brown on us. So the best thing to do with brown bananas is to make banana bread!
I decided to make muffins instead of a loaf of bread so that my kids can just grab one for breakfast or for a snack on their own!
I’m all about trying to make my life easier and my kids more independent! The only problem with these muffins is how fast they were eaten!
I planned on having them for breakfast for a couple of days, but they were gone in one night. I guess I wasn’t monitoring my kids well enough that day! In my defense, I was making Christmas treats for the neighbors so I was a little distracted.
Banana Bread Muffins (Makes 30 muffins)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 t. baking soda
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, finish with the buttermilk mixture.
- Beat until just combined.
- Pour into 30 cupcakes liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a pat of butter on each muffin.