When you don’t go grocery shopping for a while. You only have random ingredients in your kitchen and it’s either make something up to throw together or you go grab something from a restaurant. It’s a constant battle every night. Not knowing what to eat, it’s like that meme from The Notebook. Every single night. We go back and forth. What do you want? I don’t want to choose. Frustrating.
We were having this battle the other night and we can never decide what to eat. Matt is no help at all most of the time because he never cares. Then there are days where he cares and wants to cook and sometimes it turns out awesome, sometimes. Well this casserole was made from what we had on hand one night and we decided it was pretty great! Quick, easy and delicious. Give it a try!
Ingredients Click to print
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 package (16 oz) frozen Tater Tots
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2/3 cups milk
1 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat 375 degrees.
2. In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish. Top with the Tots.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together soup and milk and pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until it is heated through.
6. This made enough for me and Matt and one serving of leftovers. Which Matt at the next day.
I hope you enjoy it! Cassie