Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake!
This was Matt’s birthday dessert request. Something a little different but still Pumpkin! The way to my Man’s heart is through pumpkin desserts! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
2 cups flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter melted
1 (8 oz) Package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
1 package gelatin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cool whip Topping
10 oz whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 13×9″ baking pan. Mix together all of the ingredients for the chocolate crust in a stand mixer. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan.
3. Clean the mixing bowl and then add the ingredients for the Pumpkin layer. Mix until it is smooth, then dump over the top of the crust.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Until the toothpick comes out in the center of the cake.
5. Remove from the oven and then cool completely.
6. Using the whisk attachment whip the ingredients until it has stiff peaks. Spread cool whip topping over top and then garnish with cinnamon.