Italian Cheesy Bread Recipe
Holy Moly! I forgot how hectic life gets when you have a newborn at home. My little babe is 2 months now, and she is so sweet and a great baby, but she wants to be held all the time! I love it and it drives me crazy.
I’m trying to relax and just enjoy it because I know that she is probably my last baby and I will miss those little newborn snuggles. The thing is though, my other kids still have to be fed, bathed, played with, and driven around to all of their activities, go figure!
There’s not much time for anything else! This past Sunday though, I took the time to make these breadsticks from scratch and they were worth every minute in the kitchen.
The kids helped me, and because it was Sunday, I had an extra set of arms (my hubby) to soothe the sweet little baby while the older kids and I baked.
You could probably substitute Rhodes bake n’ serve rolls if you didn’t want to make your bread from scratch, and I’m totally giving you the green light to do so if your heart desires, but this bread is super easy too.
You just have to plan for it to rise…I guess you have to do that with frozen rolls too though so, yeah, it’s up to you. Here’s what you need for the dough.
Italian Cheesy Bread Recipe (Printable Recipe)
1 cup Warm Water
1 1/2 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
1 teaspoon Honey
3 cups Flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic, Minced
4 tablespoons Butter, Melted
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 packet of dry Italian Dressing
Italian Cheesy Bread Recipe
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook add warm water, yeast, and honey. Gently stir and allow to rest for 5 minutes until a foam forms on the top.
- Add flour, salt, and olive oil. Knead on medium speed for 7-8 minutes until the dough is soft but no longer sticky, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Grease a bowl and add dough, cover and allow the dough to rise 1 1/2-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and form into a smooth ball.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of melted butter to a 9 x 9” pan.
- Press the dough into the buttered pan.
- Allow the dough to rise for 20 minutes.
- Combine garlic and remaining butter. Spread evenly over dough.
- Bake dough for 7 minutes.
- Spread cheeses and Italian Dressing Seasoning packet over the dough and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese starts to turn lightly brown and delicious looking!
- Serve with marinara or ranch dipping sauce!
8 thoughts on “Italian Cheesy Bread Recipe”
These look amazing. My family andI love cheese bread. I am hosting a blog dare/link up and I would like to invite you to post this link. If you want you can participate in the dare too. Have a great day. Deedra http://atmycounter.blogspot.com/2015/10/october-dare-is-on_13.html
You had me at bread. I truly love all bread but especially garlic cheesy bread. This sounds amazing.
Thanks Diane! You're the best!
This sounds amazing and contains two of my favorites- bread and cheese!
Yep that looks really yummy. I must try this recipe. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness this looks amazing! I love any type of cheesy bread though so I'm an easy convert! I'll definitely have to give it a try! Thanks for linking up with us this week at Welcome Home Wednesdays! Can't wait to see you link up with us again tomorrow… the party goes live at 7am CST!
This looks so yummy! We are always buying the frozen version, but I'd love to be brave enough to whip up a homemade version. Great recipe & I know my fam would love it! Great post & thank you for linking up with our Small Victories Sunday Linkup!