This cooked, seedless, Hot Raspberry Apple Jam Recipe includes the sweetness of applesauce to give it amazing flavor!
To say we have made a lot of jam this year is an understatement! We have been helping my hubby’s parents with their garden this year and have made a lot of memories. One day we decided we were going to do stew tomatoes and we ended up with 105 quarts!
Good thing all my kids love to cook or I would be selling them on the corner. I don’t know, but it seems like when you start one canning project, you think, “oh my heck, since we’re doing tomatoes we should do tons of different kinds of jam”! That makes sense, doesn’t it?
Maybe the tomatoes got to our brains that day. We did 6 different kinds of jams the same day as we did all the tomatoes! If you’re thinking to yourself that this woman must love to can, you would be wrong, but my cute hubby loves to spend time with his mom and will even take a day off to can with her, so I always want to join in the fun!
I’m not really into spicy jam but a lot of our family members die over this. I took jars to my visiting teaching ladies and they were thrilled! It’s great on a piece of bread but most people pour it over a block of cream cheese and serve it with crackers.
This is what my husband wants to give to all his workers for Christmas. The great thing about jam is that it’s super easy and really pretty quick to make.
6 cups of raspberries
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup jalapeno juice – instructions below
1 box of pectin
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon butter
7 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
- jalapeno juice: Take 4 to 5 jalapenos and blend them in a food processor until the mixture is smooth. Pour into a saucepan with a 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and let cook on a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- This part is up to you and how much heat you want in your jam. If you want a little kick, take a piece of cheesecloth or a thin material and pour the jalapeno mixture into the cloth and twist the top to hold in the jalapenos. Make sure you have a bowl underneath when you are doing this to capture the juice. Squeeze the mixture to get all the juice out.
- If you want it hot, don’t squeeze out the juice, and just use a 1/2 cup of the mixture right out of the pan.
- In a small saucepan full of water and on low heat, put your lids in to prepare them.
- Combine the raspberries, applesauce, jalapeno juice, lemon juice, and butter in a large pot. Gradually stir in the pectin. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the entire amount of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 4 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Pour jam into prepared jars. Make sure to wipe off the top of each jar so your jam will seal.
- Place a lid and then tighten a ring onto the jar. The heat from the jam should seal the jar.
RECIPES TO MAKE YOUR BREAD HAPPY