2 lbs of lean ground beef
1 envelope of Onion Soup Mix
2/3 cup Italian Bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
Flour (just enough to dredge your patties in)
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
1 package Au Jus mix
1. In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, egg, and milk.
2. Mix beef with the mixture above and then form 8 patties.
3. Dredge the patties in flour to coat.
4. Brown the patties on both sides, you don’t have to fully cook them if you don’t want to since they will be cooking them in the crockpot for 4 or more hours.
5. Place the browned patties into a gallon size freezer-safe bag.
6. Prepare Au Jus mixture according to package directions, and then mix in both cans of cream of mushroom soup.
7. Pour mixture over the browned patties, be sure they are well coated.
8. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
9. We wanted rice with this, but you can also do mashed potatoes. I had to make a rue with corn starch and milk to thicken the gravy.
into smaller chunks)
Place the stew meat, shredded carrots, onions, and Sweet and Sour Sauce into
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
into the gallon Ziploc freezer bag. Shake to mix it all around. Push out all of
the air and lay flat.