A Week of Freezer Meals:Personal Pizzas, Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, and Twice Baked Potatoes! Continuing our week of freezer meals that rock!
Sometimes you just want to come home and pop something in the oven and chill while it cooks! These meals are great, stuff you actually want to eat when you get home instead of some bland freezer meal that you will eventually throw away!
Like I said before we came up with 16 meals that you will love to eat and are totally worth the time it takes to make them!
Personal Pizzas (makes about 6 personal pizzas)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (24 oz) jar of pizza sauce
- 2 cups of mozzarella
- Pepperoni, ham, and pineapple (whatever you want to top it with)
- Put warm water, active dry yeast, and honey in the stand mixer whisk together. Let stand until it’s foamy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add in olive oil, flour, and salt, knead on low until the dough starts to pull away from the sides.
- Pull the dough out of the mixing bowl, grease the bowl, and then put the dough back in the bowl. Cover and set aside. Let rise for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen preheat the oven to 415 degrees. Punch down the dough and roll it out and cut to fit 6″x8-1/2″ tins.
- Place in the tins and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Then top the pizza with marinara, mozzarella, and toppings of choice.
- Cover with tinfoil, label, and freeze.
- When ready to eat you have two options. 1. Pull out of the tin and place on a plate and microwave for 3 minutes or until cooked through. 2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes. This gives a crispier crust. I also broiled mine for make sure the cheese is a little golden brown.
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole (makes 3-8x8pans)
- 1 cup angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 4 cups Jasmine white rice
- 3 cups of water
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 teaspoons Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 stick of butter
- 2-pound chicken breast, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 cups frozen chopped broccoli pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large oven-safe pot or skillet, over med-hi heat, add olive oil, and saute chicken until browned and cooked through, remove from pan, set aside.
- In the same pan, over med-hi heat, melt 4 Tbsp. of butter, add angel hairpieces. Stir frequently, cook for about 3 minutes, or until all the pasta is golden brown. Add rice and seasonings, mix well.
- Add water and stock, bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes. (if after twenty minutes there is still some unabsorbed water, that is okay, it will absorb during baking.)
- Remove lid and quickly stir in cooked chicken pieces, and both cheeses and broccoli.
- Place in 3-8×8 pans. Cover, label, and freeze.
- Pull out of the freezer and allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Bake covered at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until it is cooked through. Uncover and top with extra cheddar and put back in the oven until it’s melted.
Twice Baked Potatoes (makes 9 potatoes total)
- 9 large russet potatoes
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Clean potatoes and dry. Cover the potatoes with olive oil and top with kosher salt.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours may be longer depending on size.
- Allow potatoes to cool around 15 minutes. While cooling, mix together butter, cream cheese, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, be careful to not damage the skins.
- Use a large spoon and scoop out the inside of the potatoes, leaving a thin layer of potato attached to the skin. Put the scooped out potatoes into the bowl with cream cheese mixture. Mix together with a hand mixer.
- Add milk as necessary to resemble stiff mashed potatoes.
- Spoon them back into the shells. Sprinkle cheese and bacon bits on top.
- Cover with tinfoil, label, and freeze.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Then uncover foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.