My daughter, Lisa loves cheeseburgers!! She would go every night to Mickey D’s if I would let her. So when I made this recipe I knew it would be a hit! What I didn’t realize is that me and my husband would like it as much as the kids. The great thing about this, is that you can make it the night before and it’s ready to go!
Ingredients: Click to print
1 12 ounce box jumbo pasta shells
3 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup ketchup + ketchup, divided
1/4 cup mustard
1/4 cup relish
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- First, cook the shells according to instructions on the box but cook them al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the pasta in a colander, and let cool.
- Filling: While the pasta shells cool, mix the filling together in a larger mixing bowl. Combine beef, 1/2 cup ketchup, mustard, onion, relish, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar together with your clean hands.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining 1 cup ketchup and tomato sauce together.
- Assemble the shells: Ladle enough tomato sauce to lightly cover the bottom of the 9×13 casserole dish.
- With your hands, fill each cooled pasta shell with a handful of filling (about 1/4 cup worth), and place shells filling side up in the baking dish. Continue until all the shells are filled.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over the shells and sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly on top.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil. You can either cook it right away or it can be refrigerated over night. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes, and then uncover and bake for 10 minutes more or until the cheese is bubbling.