OREO and Coke Dump Cake
The basketball season is here!! Do you know what that means?? Excuses to eat really good food on game day! When my husband Ben’s college team is playing he needs nourishment to cheer as loud as he does, so this year I’m going to fuel him with some goodness.
You all know that I’m not the chef of the family though so this was actually an inBENtion (get it… Invention… Ben… yeah he made it up) but it is the perfect dish for game day!! IT IS SO GOOD!
1 package OREO Cookies
1 package REESE’S mini’s
1/2 liter Coke Zero
1 Chocolate cake mix
1. Get yourself to Target and buy your ingredients! Target is currently doing a “Drinkable” advertising campaign with Coke Zero
to prove that You Don’t Know Zero ‘Til You’ve Tried It.
What this means is that they will allow consumers to try a Coke Zero through “Drinkable” advertising which takes traditional advertising elements and makes them actually drinkable – leading to a free 20oz. Consumers can participate in these unbelievable experiences through a drinkable TV spot, jumbotron, and even at CokeZero.com beginning April 2nd. Just come thirsty with your Shazam app ready!
Another reason to buy your ingredients at Target is that there will be a REESE’S coupon on the Cartwheel App from 3/15 – 4/4. If you don’t know what the Cartwheel App is you need to download it!!! I use it all the time! It allows you to pick and choose from some awesome deals and then it gives you a barcode to easily scan at the register! No more clipping coupons!
2. Crush your OREO Cookies and 1/3 package REESE’S Mini’s in a large bowl. (you will be saving the rest of the REESE’S Mini’s to put on top cause they’re so dang cute!)
3. Mix the OREO Cookies and REESE’S Mini’s with the cake mix. (Don’t add anything else with the cake, like oil or eggs. It’s just the mixture!)
4. Pour in the Coke Zero and mix well.
5. Pour into a glass baking dish and cook on 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
6. Once finished, let it cool a bit then sprinkle with powdered sugar and strawberries.
7. To serve, add a dollop of whip cream and a REESE’S MINI. For best results, serve alongside a Coke Zero! 😉