Lemon Mini Cupcakes
Anything small is super cute! Don’t you agree? I made these cute little mini cupcakes for enrichment night for the ladies of my ward. Perfect for a bite-size treat and each one has so much flavor it will be so hard to stop at one!
Ingredients: Click to print
2 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons grated lemon zest
4 to 6 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice ( it just depends how strong of a lemon flavor you want)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream
2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest for about 5 minutes, until smooth and light. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add in the yogurt and the milk and mix until blended.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl between each egg. Mix well.
- Add in the flour to the butter mixture. Mix until the batter is smooth and light. Add in the lemon juice for about a minute until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the liners, about 3/4 full. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the center of a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients. When the cupcakes are cooled, drizzle on the icing.
I think it would be super adorable to put these mini cupcakes in a 6 pack egg carton or cut a normal carton in half, and decorate the top with your cute scrapbook pieces and deliver them to family and friends for Easter!
Whatever you decide to do, you will completely fall in love with these cupcakes!