These pizza roll-ups are delicious! My mom makes them the morning of Christmas Eve so that we can eat them for lunches throughout the next couple of days and enjoy the Holidays instead of cook and clean and cook and clean! It’s fantastic!
This year we experimented a little and used yogurt instead of cream cheese and it turned out great! We also added pineapple on one batch but it was only so-so.
I am a huge lover of Hawaiian pizza but the pineapples just didn’t work being rolled into it. They made it a little too soggy. If I were to do it again I’d maybe just sprinkle them on top before putting them in the oven.
Pizza toppings (cheese, pepperoni, peppers, olives, sausage, etc)
Cream cheese or plain yogurt
1. Roll out your pizza dough into a long strip.
2. Spread with cream cheese or yogurt leaving a half-inch all around so that you’ll be able to seal it together.
3. Sprinkle on cheese and then add the toppings of your choice. Be careful not to add too many or else it will be hard to roll up!
4. Roll the dough hot dog style. Wet the half-inch of dough with a little water so that it easily seals to the other side.
5. Use a piece of floss to “cut” 1 1/2 inch sections.
6. Place each roll-up on a greased baking dish.
7. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy right away, or refrigerate or freeze to enjoy later!