Nothing better than Peppermint Brownies! A homemade dessert that everyone loves. Chocolate brownies, minty fresh filling, and chocolate top!
With the holidays in full swing, all I can think about is the sweet treats that scream Christmas! It’s the time of year that we are all making yummy delights for family, friends, parties, and if you’re like me, you want to take something special.
I made this a few years ago and the thought of it has been dancing through my head ever since. You will love it!!
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4(1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
2 sticks butter
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1 1/2 Tablespoons milk
3 to 4 drops red food coloring
1 cup milk chocolate chips
6 Tablespoons butter
1 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil, make sure it hangs over the edges by 1 inch. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Break up the baking squares and butter and put it into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook for 45-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool and stir occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until combined. With the mixer still running, add the melted chocolate and mix well. Gradually add the flour mixture and mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Don’t overbake! Completely cool.
- Peppermint Frosting: Combine all the frosting ingredients and beat until light and fluffy. You can add more milk if you think its too stiff. Spread evenly over brownies and place in the fridge to chill.
- Chocolate Glaze: Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and then spread on top of the brownies. Sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. Place in the fridge to cool. When the chocolate has hardened, use the edges of the foil to remove the entire sheet of the brownies from the pan. Remove foil and cut into squares.
You Might Like These Recipes Too!