Mandarin Beef Teriyaki
This may be crazy but I love Chinese food at times of the year! Matt and I love to mix it up, so you definitely should try this delicious recipe. Matt went back for seconds and then finished my plate! We recently went to T-bone and my friend Kate told me that the tangerine chicken is the only way to go! We thought, why not with beef?!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pounds of bee
f stir-fry meat
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
3 garlic cloves minced
1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the juice from the mandarin oranges, the soy sauce, garlic, honey and ground ginger.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown the beef.
3. Pour the mandarin juice sauce into the skillet. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes. Until beef is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons liquid from the skillet and the cornstarch.
5. Add cornstarch mixture and mandarin oranges to skillet, stirring until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve immediately!!