Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Matt gets up every morning at 4:30 a.m. to get on trax train to head up to the U of U, so needless to say there is very little time for breakfast. We like to bake muffins the Sunday nights for Monday morning. Andie thinks I only make apple cinnamon stuff, but that’s only because it is my favorite flavor! These are delicious, give them a try!
We put the topping as optional because we like it both ways!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups diced Granny Smith Apples
1 stick salted butter
1 cup of sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tins with bakers spray.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. Cream together butter an sugar until fluffy. Add one egg at a time. Mix in vanilla.
4. Slowly add flour mixture, alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in diced apples and scoop mixture into muffin tins. Fill about 2/3 full.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes.
6. Prepare topping for muffins. Melt the butter. Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
7. Once the muffins have baked, remove from the oven and allow it to cool slightly in the muffin tin. Then dip the muffin top in the melted butter than the sugar cinnamon mixture. Place on a plate to finish cooling.