Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Tortellini
Mmm mmm mmm!! This is a pretty quick skillet
dish that was delicious! I love me some pasta!
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced onion
1 can of chicken broth
1 cup milk, plus 2 Tbsp. milk, divided
1 package frozen cheese tortellini
2-3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 Tbs lemon juice
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3-4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
2. Once hot, add in garlic and onions, stirring and cooking 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in chicken broth and 1 cup milk. Heat mixture until just barely boiling.
4. Add in frozen tortellini. Give it a quick stir and place the lid on the skillet. Set timer to 10 minutes. Pasta will heat and eventually come to a boil.
5. Meanwhile, give the spinach a few quick chops and cut the sun dried tomatoes into smaller pieces.
6. Combine 2 Tbs milk and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
7. Once timer goes off, remove the lid but keep the heat on medium. Add in milk-cornstarch mixture, stirring to combine.
8. Add in all remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese.
9. Give pasta a few stirs. After about a minute or two the spinach will be wilted and the sauce will thicken up.
10. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!!