My cute hubby called me from work and told me that he had just signed up to bring a main dish for the company pot luck dinner. Main dishes can be so hard because you have to get the dish to the party without falling apart and then finding something that will feed so many people!
I love challenges! We decided on these incredible nachos. They were a big hit at the party! Mike told me that everyone was trying to get the last piece of meat out of the slow cooker because the meat was so tender.
The great thing about nachos is that everyone can make their own the way they like.
2 pounds tomatillos, husked, washed, and dried
5 Anaheim peppers
1 jalapeno pepper
1 cup diced onion
4 garlic cloves
2 cups chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon cumin
2 lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups chicken broth
2 to 4 pounds beef chunks, you can choose your choice of meat
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatillos and Anaheim peppers on two large greased baking sheets. Roast until tomatillos are golden brown and the pepper are charred.
- Place the peppers in a paper bag to sweat for about 10 minutes. Remove the peppers from the bag and peel.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the peppers, tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Place meat in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the mixture, chicken broth over the beef chunks.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours until beef is tender.
- Serve over Tortilla chips with your favorite nacho toppings!