Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup
Crockpot Chicken Tortellini Soup! Nothing hits the spot in the winter like a Crockpot Chicken Tortellini soup. Warm your soul with a little extra special chicken noodle soup.
This month has been absolutely nuts and it’s only going to get busier with Christmas coming up! I have so many gifts to wrap and things to do! It makes me tired thinking about it.
However, I am super excited for Christmas break with my little munchkin and his first Christmas that he kind of knows what’s going on! It seems like daily he’s getting it more and more!
I love his excitement and dancing to every song and train! I don’t have time to cook elaborate meals with all that cuteness going on. Here is a family time friendly meal.
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 3 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 18 oz of shelf cheese tortellini
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken, carrots, celery, and thyme. Pour in broth and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and chop into bite-size chunks. Return to the crockpot and add the tortellini. Cook until tortellini is tender. About 10 to 15 minutes. If you let the tortellini sit in the liquid too long it starts to fall apart.