This Creamy Chicken Stew recipe is simple to make and tastes great with biscuits or dumplings. Make it on the Stove Top, Crock-Pot, or Instant Pot!
Is your family like my family, running around from activity to activity? Then put homework on top of that, and it’s so hard to make sure you’re feeding the family a healthy homemade meal! Take a deep breath, this is super simple and the family will love it!
2 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 can Cream of celery soup
1 8 ounces vegetable cream cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups mushrooms. sliced
1 bunch green onions, diced
1/4 cup dry parsley
12-ounce pasta (choose your favorite or what you have on hand)
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil. Place the cut chicken into the skillet, and season with the salt and pepper. Cook chicken until the pink is gone. Drain liquid off the chicken.
- Scatter the mushrooms and green onion on top of the chicken and cook for about 4 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the cream of celery soup, cream cheese, chicken broth, and parsley. Pour over the chicken and mix well. Cover the skillet and let simmer while you prepare the pasta according to the package.
- Serve the stew over the cooked pasta.