I’m in love with citrus flavored desserts! I love the fresh taste of the fruit smacked dab in the delicious cookie. If I add a little chocolate, Lisa is in heaven. I can always tell if the cookie is a hit by how fast they disappear, and these little cuties, went fast!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick of butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 cup chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
Cream cheese filling:
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
Direction for filling:
- Combine cream cheese and butter with a mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Directions for cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg and orange juice and make sure it is well combined.
- Add the salt and baking powder and mix well. Slowly add the flour to the mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Place a scoop a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball, then place it on the baking sheet. Gently press the ball to slightly flattening it. Place balls about 4 inches apart. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or slightly golden brown. Completely cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt you chocolate chips. Cook for increments of 30 seconds, stirring each time until they are melted.
- Dip the top halves of the cookies in the chocolate and set aside. Spread the cream cheese filling on the bottoms of the remaining cookies then top with the chocolate frosted cookies to form the sandwich.