We woke up this morning and were starving! I haven’t been shopping all week, it’s been so busy! We were thinking we needed to clean out the fridge and freezer and try get rid of all the random food we have! This recipe went over very well with my husband, and I won’t lie, I liked it a bunch too! It would be fun for kids also!
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of diced onions
1/4 cup of diced red peppers
4 slices of thick bacon
1 large diced tomato
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, cook until browned and crispy, drain the grease and pat dry with paper towels. Let cool.
3. Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper and milk. Then add red pepper, onions, tomatoes and bacon! Mix together well spoon or spatula.
4. Dump mixture into greased muffin pan. Be careful to not dump all the egg into the first few. I filled them about 3/4 of the way full. They puffed up while being cooked.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Open the oven and top with cheddar and mozzarella; then close the oven and continue to bake for 3-5 more minutes or until cheese is completely melted!
6. Enjoy with some salsa or ketchup!!
Have a great Saturday!!