20 Stay at Home Date Ideas
If you’re like me, you just spent a ton of money on school clothes and registration fees for the kids! So I’m poor and can’t go on a date with my hubby. The truth is that we don’t go on many dates because we are spending time with our family or making sure that we are there when our younger girls. Some of you have small ones and that is even harder to get out and go on a date.
I love my life! I wish I had more money but that is another story. Most of all I love my cute husband, and sometimes we forget to think out of the box to make sure that the “burning love” is still there. Watching TV just hasn’t hacked it lately and so I thought that I needed to make a list of things that we could do as a couple. Here it is and I hope it helps you with that loving feeling!
1. Appreciation Date: Cook a meal together. When you sit down to eat, tell your spouse something you appreciate about them after each course of the meal.
3. Make a music video: Pick out the song that best describes your “love story”. Get creative!
4. Book Club: Have your own personal “book club”. It gives you something to talk about other than the kids!
5. Sign up for an online language class together: Instead of just using a fake accent to talk to each other, you could learn how to speak in a different language. Open Culture provides over 40 different language courses for free! What a great way to freak out your teens!
6. Draw Portraits: Break out the crayons or chalk and draw each others picture.
7. Make a time capsule: Find things around the house that best describes life as you know it, right now! Put them in your capsule to be opened at a later date.
8. Facials: Give each other a facial! Trust me, your husband will love this, once you get him over the initial shock.
9. Board Games: Be creative and change the rules to spice it up!
10. Plant a garden: Make a indoor garden that can be placed in your window ceil.
11. Miniature golf: Use things around the house to make your course and your clubs.
12. Ceramics: Buy something from the store and get your paint on!
13. Watch the sunset: A lot of times we watch the sunset together but plan it out! Get the blanket out with some pillows and make it special.
14. Treasure hunt: You are always doing creative things for your kids but why not for your cutie?
15. Go camping: Set up the tent in the backyard and go camping!
16. Movie Marathon: Pop up the popcorn and settle in for a themed movie marathon. We either watch “chick flicks” or John Wayne!
17. Cook together: Get adventurous in the kitchen and try making something new together.
18. Spend a night in Italy: This is a fun twist to your ordinary dinner and a movie at home. Theme it! A night in Italy might include homemade pizza, gelato, and an Italian themed movie such as; The Italian job. You could even dress the part!
19. Make your favorite playlist: Get out your laptop and make a playlist for each other. The next time your driving along, you won’t be able to think about anything else but your honey!
20. Dine by candlelight: Make it special! Have the house set up with candlelight, and soft music. You will forget that your eating at home because you didn’t you use the paper plates!