I love scones, never tried to make them on my own until this day! They were an amazing success. You really should try these, they were gone so fast!!
Yield: 24 scones
2 C hot water
1/3 C sugar
2 t salt
1 ½ T of butter
5 C flour
2 T active yeast
6 C canola or vegetable oil for frying
1. In your stand mixer pour 2 cups of hot water, the water should be hot but not burn you to touch it. Add the sugar, the salt, oil, and 2 cups of the flour.
2. Mix for about 30 seconds. Then add 2 tablespoons of yeast and mix in well.
3. Add remaining flour while the mixer is going. If necessary add one tablespoon of flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Mix the dough for about 3 minutes.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow the dough to rise for 20 minutes or until it doubles in size. It may take a little longer to rise if your kitchen is cold.
6. Oil the counter with olive oil. Let it rest for 3-5 minutes then roll it out into a large rectangle, about an inch thick.
7. Take a pizza cutter and slice the dough into about 6 strips and then each strip into 4 pieces.
8. Let the dough rise for about 10 minutes. While letting it rise heat the oil to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Put in the dough cook on each side until golden brown. Then set on a paper towel, to absorb the oil.
10. Then add your favorite honey butter and Eat Up!!