Cookies are one of my weaknesses! The other one is cheesecake! This is either a perfect combination or a evil trap, you decide. I think this might be my new favorite cookie.
When I was mixing up this recipe, the dough seemed to be really dry and I worried that the cookie would be too, but its not! This little morsel will melt in your mouth.
1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers- 1 sleeve
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, separated
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In another bowl, beat together the butter with the brown sugar with a mixer.
- Add the egg white and beat until well combined. Add to the graham cracker mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, lemon zest, and vanilla. Make sure its mixed well. Set aside.
- Form dough into small balls and place on the sprayed cookie sheet. Flatten slightly, pressing gently with your thumb in the center of the ball to make a bowl shape. The dough will be crumbly, so gently smooth the edges of the bowl.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the indents of the cookies.
- Bake until the filling is barely set and the cookies are golden brown, 12 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before you remove them.