These healthy Taco Turkey Wraps make an easy, low carb dinner that the whole family will love! Perfect for your next Taco Tuesday!
My husband is always asking me to come up with healthy recipes that taste great. I usually don’t like ground turkey because it lacks flavor but this recipe packs a punch.
It’s a healthy choice that even your kids will love. You don’t have to eat it the meat in lettuce leaves. You can choose to eat it in taco shells or even as a salad!
This is a great meal for summer because the preparation time is low.
2 pounds lean ground turkey
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 large onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cups water
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
1 to 2 tomatoes, diced
Light sour cream
- Brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink, add dry seasoning and mix well. Add the onion, pepper, water, and tomato sauce and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Divide the meat equally between the leaves and place in the center of each leaf and top with cheese and tomatoes.
- Top it off with sour cream!