I don’t watch a lot of TV but lately, when I do, I have been inspired!!!! They were talking about adding layers of chocolate chip cookies, Oreos and brownies, all in the same cookie bar. Yes, they had my attention! This is my version. They are as good as they look.
Cookie dough ingredients:
2/3 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan
- Combine butter, vanilla and brown sugar, until creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the mixture and add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour cookies into the greased pan.
Smooth out the batter.
Place a layer of Oreo cookies on top of the cookie dough. Last step, whip up the brownie ingredients and make a layer over the Oreos.
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cups plus 1cup chocolate chips, divided
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup almonds (or you can use favorite nut)
- Melt together the butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler or in a glass dish in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Make sure to stir in between intervals.
- Cool slightly and then stir in the eggs, vanilla and sugar into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Add the extra chocolate chips and nuts to the batter. Pour over the Oreos..
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Do not overbake! Cool thoroughly, and cut into squares.
P.S. If you don’t have time to make homemade brownies, you can use a mix and it will taste delicious!