Blue Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Okay, I know that Spring just started but I’m getting so excited for summer!!! I love to smell fresh flowers blooming in the morning, softball games, swimming, camping, and long summer nights with my family.
This is a fun cupcake that your kids will love!!!
1 butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
3 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 package blue raspberry Kool-Aid packet
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 to 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and combine until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Then add the sour cream
- Combine dry ingredients and add to the cream mixture. The batter will be thick but trust me, it will be so good!
- Fill your cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter, and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or they bounce back by a soft touch. Cool completely before you add the icing.
- Icing: Cream the butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add the Kool-Aid packet and vanilla. Slowly add a cup of powdered sugar.
- Beat well, until the frosting is creamy. Add the amount of powdered sugar depending on the consistency you want.