Adorable Spaghetti Nests
Spring makes me think of new beginnings! Rain showers, tulips, baby animals and cute little birds nests. Your kids will love having their very own pasta bird nests, topped off with cute little eggs!
Butter, for greasing the bowls
1/2 box spaghetti
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon salt
Spaghetti sauce, warmed
12 small mozzarella balls
- Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the inside of ceramic bowls.
- Pasta: Prepare noodles according to the package. Cook until the noodles are tender but still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta and place in a bowl. Add cheese, oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss well and set aside to cool.
- Assembly: Whisk together the Parmesan cheese, milk, salt and egg in a large bowl and the mixture is smooth. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti mixture until well combined.
- Twirl 1/2 cupful’s of the spaghetti mixture around tongs or a large fork and transfer to prepared bowls.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each nest of pasta and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before removing the sides from the bowls. Remove the bottoms of the bowls from the nests using a spatula or large serving spoon.
- Spoon spaghetti sauce in each of the nests. Place 3 balls of the mozzarella in each nest and serve.
Note: To make the mozzarella eggs, use your melon scoop. It’s really easy!