Top 5 Things I Did and Wish I Did as a New Mom
TOP 5 THINGS I DID:
3. Rock n Play Bassinet: I looked forever for an inexpensive, portable, somewhat cute, small bassinet and I found this for $70 ish at target and I LOVE it. It folds up so you can pack it up, it’s light, and it even rocks which is sooo nice when baby wakes in the middle of the night.
TOP 5 THINGS I WISH I DID:
2. Bra Shopping After: When your milk comes in, they grow. Like… A lot. Use it as an excuse for your first outing by yourself, get measured, and get some properly fitted ones!
3. Made more friends: My husband and I are inseparable. We love doing everything together. But not even the most loving husband in the world will ever understand childbirth like a female who has gone through it, and nothing helps ease the transition more than having someone who honestly can tell you it gets better after your 18th night of no sleep in a row!
4. Went to a nursing class: I had signed up for one, but felt to sick /tired/pregnant to go to it. Nursing is tricky for most people so the more you know about it the better!!
5. Took it easy: when everyone tells you to sleep when your baby sleeps DO IT!!!!!!!! “You just grew a human being inside your body for nine months and then gave birth to it only to find that it needs to eat every two hours!! You NEED sleep!!”
When I have another baby I’m going to make my husband text me that every day. I tried to do that but it always seemed like there was so much to do and I was never able to accomplish anything. Well I eventually figured out that if I took naps I was a lot more effective when I wanted to be.
I also was a TON happier. Also, give yourself time to adjust! Don’t expect to be able to do all you used to do. Life is soo different with a baby! You will figure out your schedule but it is a slowwwww process and that is okay.