Calling all mint + chocolate lovers! These Andes Mint Cupcakes are so flavorful, delicious, and easy! You’ll flip for these fudgy cupcakes with sinful mint buttercream!
It’s almost March, all I can think about is “Green”!!! Let the pinching begin or kissing, if you’re Irish!!! I’m a kid at heart, I get so excited about each holiday.
I had to come up with a green cupcake that had amazing flavors. Andes chocolate has such a distinct flavor that has the ability to make you addicted.
I think you will really love the flavor of this cupcake. The cupcake is so moist and there is a surprise in the middle!!!
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
12 to 14 Andes
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Butter cream Frosting:
8-ounce cream cheese
1 stick butter
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pans.
- Mix sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, stir well in between each egg.
- Add the buttermilk and then the cake mix, mix well.
- Fill the liners about 2/3 full and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mint Filling: Melt Andes in the microwave, about 1 minute. Let cool a little and then add the heavy cream. Stir in the powdered sugar.
- When the cupcake comes out of the oven, use a squeeze bottle to fill the cupcake with the filling, by making a small hole or you can dip the tops with it.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, mix well. Add the green food coloring and stir until mix well.
- You can make more mint filling and drizzle it over the top, to make it sparkle a little more!!