Calling all mint + chocolate lovers! These Andes Cupcakes are so flavorful, delicious, and easy! You’ll flip for these fudgy cupcakes with sinful mint buttercream!
It’s almost March, all I can think about is “Green”!!! Let the pinching begin or kissing, if you’re Irish!!! I’m a kid at heart, I get so excited about each holiday.
I had to come up with a green cupcake that had amazing flavors. Andes chocolate has such a distinct flavor that has the ability to make you addicted.
I think you will really love the flavor of this cupcake. The cupcake is so moist and there is a surprise in the middle!!!
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
12 to 14 Andes
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
Butter cream Frosting:
8-ounce cream cheese
1 stick butter
4 to 5 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake pans.
- Mix sour cream, oil, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, stir well in between each egg.
- Add the buttermilk and then the cake mix, mix well.
- Fill the liners about 2/3 full and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mint Filling: Melt Andes in the microwave, about 1 minute. Let cool a little and then add the heavy cream. Stir in the powdered sugar.
- When the cupcake comes out of the oven, use a squeeze bottle to fill the cupcake with the filling, by making a small hole or you can dip the tops with it.
- Frosting: Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, heavy cream, mix well. Add the green food coloring and stir until mix well.
- You can make more mint filling and drizzle it over the top, to make it sparkle a little more!!
9 thoughts on “Delicious Andes Cupcakes”
I love peppermint treats and these looks lovely. Thats very pretty. Thanks for sharing at Sweet and Savoury Sundays, I'd love you to stop by this weekend and link up!
These look so good. Thanks for sharing.
This is one of the great things about St Patrick's Day – all the green mint desserts and these look so good. I made some key lime cookies that were a fun twist too – for Bunco the other night. Thanks for this recipe – stopping in today from Lisa's Grand Social.
Key lime cookies sound delicious!
Andes mints are my favorite little treat…I can't wait to try these…
When you do, let me know how they turn out!
mmm, these look so good!