I think I have mentioned before that I LOVE caramel popcorn! It’s the treat that I have a hard time saying “no” to when it’s in front of me. This is especially yummy, it’s taste like Cracker Jack popcorn pushed over the top with Twix bars and drizzled chocolate. It’s as good as it looks!
2 bags of popcorn, popped or 5 quarts of air popped popcorn
1 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
15 mini Twix candy bars, chopped
2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted to drizzle over popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel in a thin stream over popcorn, stir to coat.
- Gently stir until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Place popcorn on two large baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely.
- Break popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped Twix candy bars. Drizzle popcorn with melted chocolate. Let the popcorn sit until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.