If you want your family to do a happy dance, you need to make these cookies!!!!! Seriously, you will impress anyone with your cooking skills when you bake up some yummy Hot Chocolate Cookies!!!! Chocolate and marshmallow are the best combination but wait!!!!!!!! There is a chocolate surprise in the middle, I know, right????
1 stick butter
12 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 bag of marshmallows
1 package of Hershey mini bars
- In a medium saucepan, melt together, butter and chocolate chips, Stir frequently, over a low heat until smooth and then let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together; flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cornstarch.
- Combine in a bowl, brown sugar, eggs and the vanilla, beat on low speed until smooth.
- Mix the cooled chocolate mixture until blended. Add the flour mixture on a mow speed until its combined.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with a non stick spray.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the dough and make a 1 inch ball. Place balls 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet. Bake until the tops of the cookies crack, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, break mini Hershey bars into 2 square pieces.
- Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and place the Hershey piece in the middle of the cookie and cover with a marshmallow.
- Quickly turn your oven to broil and place your cookie sheet back in the oven. Crack the door of the oven and watch until the marshmallow is golden brown.
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven. Gently press down on the marshmallow and then let your cookies cool.
- Bake each batch on a clean sheet of parchment paper.
Optional: I drizzled chocolate sauce on top of the cookies.