On Christmas Eve, my husband decided that he wanted to make some homemade bread to go with his Pluckmy. Yes, we had the sugar cookies going and all the other traditions. The house smelled AMAZING!!! It all worked out fine but boy did we have a mess to clean up!
My husband makes fantastic bread, it’s so good, you can’t stop eating it! Well, Zac decided that he could make better bread than his dad and so he decided that he was going to make bread that would beat his dad’s recipe.
Cassie heard about this and challenged Zac to a bread contest. Cassie’s husband decided he wanted to be a part of the competition and well…… now you can help us decide who the winner is.
I will be posting Mike’s recipe and Zac’s recipe. Cassie will be posting her recipe and Matt’s recipe for Russian bread on her week. We have a competitive family!
Mikie’s Bread(makes 2 loaves)
1. Add the following ingredients to a large mixer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 3 cups super warm water
Mix for 2 minutes
2. Then add:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons Dough Enhancer
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten
Mix for 4 more minutes
3. Start to add more bread flour, 1 cup at a time, usually 4 to 5 cups more.
4. Mix for 5 minutes. The dough should clean the sides of the bowl and feel a little stiff.
5. Turn the dough out onto the counter and knead for a couple of minutes by hand until a ball forms.
6. Place into a large greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until dough doubles, it usually takes 45 to 90 minutes.
7. Form into 2 loaves and place in greased pans. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until they are barely above the top of the pan, about 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 33 minutes.